Step Four In Our Home-Buying Process: Make An Offer
You’ve found the right home and are ready to submit an offer! Your Realtor will guide you through this process. Once the terms of the offer have been put together, it is ready to be signed by you as the Buyer and delivered to the Seller and/or their listing agent. It is possible that you will be competing against other offers if the housing inventory is smaller than average, if the property is remodeled, or if it is priced at or below market value.
Here are our TOP 10 ways to make your offer more attractive as well as how to beat other offers:
- Offer above list price.
- Be willing to put 20% or more cash down if possible.
- Offer to pay the Owner’s Title Policy.
- Offer to pay for a new Survey if the existing one isn’t up-to-date.
- Offer to pay the difference should the appraisal come in lower than the agreed upon sales price. You can limit the amount of the difference you are willing to pay.
- Pay for the home warranty yourself.
- Ask for a short option period.
- Offer more option money.
- Offer more earnest money.
- Write a personal letter to the seller telling why you see their home as your perfect home for your family.